Sunday 13 April 2008

A Sunday morning walk in early spring.

When I opened my eyes this morning I was met by the sun shining through our north faced window. The days are getting long now with daylight from the wee hours of the morning. I know more frost will be coming for a couple of months still, but this night was without frost - which was good for me as I forgot to take in my flower basket.
Signs of spring are everywhere in the garden. Daffodill bulbs praising light, sempervivum still seeking some warmth under a quilt of last year's leaves but slowly, slowly starting its growth, a bird house with a To Let sign (may be I must ask Marta to paint one), a sunny terracce inviting me, my book and my pot of fresh brewed coffee out, a basket filled with old garden magazines......


2 comments:

Ankica said...

please visit and support my blog. thank you

Anonymous said...

There is nothing quite like the thrill of seeing those first shoots come through, is there? I'll be watching your garden grow as the months pass by, Britt-Arnhild.