Saturday 19 April 2008

Out of the wilderness

Last summer my husband (my private gardener) started the industrious task to make order out of the chaotic wilderness in our backyard. Everything has grown wild here since the house was built in 1975. Last summer was busy in so many ways, so he never finished the work, but earlier this week, as soon as the snow had melted, he started again, and now the hard work is almost done.
From my kitchen window I look right out into this wilderness, and as soon as he started the work last year I knew that the wilderness would be a sanctuary, my rainbow garden for silence and prayers.
I have alot of ideas for the area, though it might me hard to make things grown under the huge fir trees. In a few weeks now the danger of night frost is over and I can start planting.

If you follow this link you will find a photo from April last year.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

I'm sure you'll find a lot of plants which grow very well in the shadow. A green/white shadow garden with some colour spots...I start to dream too....