Sunday 4 November 2007

Booktalk in The Blue Garden 1

I have a basket filled with garden magazines and books. In the summer this basket often find its way outdoors, and in between garden work I sit down to get some new inspiration, or read stories written by other gardeners. Outdoor life is history in The Blue Garden for this year, but the basket has alot of new books. On Sundays I have a booktalk over at Britt-Arnhild's House in the Woods, and with winter just around the corner it is the perfect time to start a booktalk tradition here in The Blue Garden as well. So put the tea kettle on, wrap yourself in a favorite quilt and come travel with me to the land of garden books.

Barbara wrote about The Essence of the Garden by Hannah Willets some time ago. I did a search on amazon and didn't hesitate long before I ordered a copy. It arrived in the mail a couple of weeks ago, and now I spend long, dark autumn nights enjoying Hannah Willets musings from her Shropshire garden. A perfect bedside reading, and at the same time filled with information and descriptions. I wish I could compose symphonias with words like Willet does.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i place a comment in here too... i think there is something going wrong when i leave a comment...
:((
it's the last rose of summer left blooming alone!!