Friday 26 December 2008

White for Christmas

We are enjoying a White Christmas, but the snow is old and icy and not at all the way I want snow to be - no snowmen making, no playing in the snow, no skiing for me though my husband is out almost every day.
The garden is dead and frozen. The days are short and during the week we are home only when the world is dark. During the holiday we enjoy the light.

I took a garden walk this morning, filled with dreams of a coming summer. Indoors I have a pile of garden books ready to be read, and my dreaming continue.





2 comments:

julia said...

I think that one of the most important lessons that I have learned during the last two years is to make the most of whatever life send you...
And that includes snow...
I would be out in the cold, icy snow carving sculptures
and, of course, eating it!

Anonymous said...

Even as midday, I have trouble taking garden photos since the shadows are so long with the sun so low in the sky. Now that we have turned the corner, I anticipate each daylight period lengthening.
May you have powdery snow in the New Year for perfect skiing, and the sunlight to enjoy it.