Thursday 13 March 2008

Lovely Spring Days

We are in the middle of March, the first spring month here in Norway, and though the snow is still knee deep (an alot more) through most of the garden, there are also signs of spring to be found.
After a long and dark winter I am again out every day in my boots and with my dear friend Nikon to accompany me. (I am out every day during winter also, but the snow then often limit my garden walks to fill the bird and squirrel feeders only). Signs of spring, though often well hidden, can be found everywhere. I rejoice in every single miracle.
We've had several mild and sunny days, and today was my first day out on the porch. In my rocking chair, with a quilt, a book, a cup of tea and a piece of bread. Ingrid came out to chat, and I had a couple of phonecalls from dear friends. The world is alive!
It is time to read The Secret Garden - again.

Photos: The Blue Garden this morning.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Indeed the "blue" garden is visible again and Spring is approaching! Enjoy it! And "The secret garden" is a wonderful book, I should read it again too...that's a good idea you gave!
Hilsen, Barbara

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

I can hardly wait for the snow to melt and all the treasures hidden beneath to bud and bloom!
Enjoy your trip to Italy.Stay safe and have fun.
xo Susan

kate said...

Your Rhododendrons will soon be blooming. It sounds as if you had a wonderful day - sitting outside and enjoying your tea. The brick wall is beautiful ... I love the way the bird house sits there so beautifully! Every single miracle in spring is a wonderful thing.

virtual nexus said...

Lovely photos - you are much colder in Norway than we are over here!